Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Colorbar Eyeshadows Review and Swatches

EYESHADOWS.........my all time love. I am a huge fan/addict of eyeshadows. The colours amaze me. There is unlimited variety in this. I keep exploring all the brands and colours. Just like with anything in this world, we need to choose wisely as to what shade we are wearing.

I believe in subtlety as far as make up is concerned.

Just wearing an eyeshadow would not make you beautiful! You have to choose them based on the
  • Occassion
  • Your age and skin tone
  • Dress you are wearing
  • Time of the day you are wearing
  • Place to where you would be going
After a lot of trial and error I have narrowed upon a few colours which would suit anytime anyone. Pinks, Browns, Plums, Peaches are some colour ranges which is okay for general purpose.

Greys, Greens, Blacks, Navy blues etc would be okay for night time, smokey looks.

Blues, Silvers are better avoided. This is my personal opinion. And when I say this I must also tell you that my skin tone is NC42.

For starters let me share with you my yesterday's haul! Colorbar cosmetics Warm eyeshadow palette and 2 Colorbar single eyeshadows(Midnight Blue and Expensive Pink).
The 2 eyeshadow singles are Midnight Blue(Left) and Expensive Pink(Right).
The palette is the Warm palette from Colorbar. They also have a cool palette but it was way to light for my skin tone.
The eyeshadow singles cost Rs.225 and the warm palette costs Rs.499. I got the singles as part of the BOGOF offer! Yippeeeee.

The swatches of the above are shown below
On a closer look they are as shown below
(L-R)Midnight Blue, Expensive Pink
From the Warm palette Dune, Brun, Humid, Plumful, Mystery
Have you noticed the similarity to MAC in naming the eyeshadows(Expensive, Humid, Plumful etc). Even the packaging is similar!!! And even the quality!!! But not the price!! Howzat????!

Coming to analyze them:

  1. The quantity of the singles is an amazing 3 gms. The quantity of the Palette is 1.8x5 gms which is very reasonable for the price.

  2. The pigmentation is awesome.(Believe me my camera is not doing much justice to show this).

  3. The staying power is also very good.( I used Beyu Eye Base).

  4. The colours are very very wearable. Not too shimmery not too matte...comparable to MAC lustre/pearl finishes.

  5. The price is very reasonable.
MY TAKE:
A must buy for a shadow person. MUST. Buy and don't forget to leave a comment below......chee ya.

8 comments:

  1. wow darling i never knew u have blog :)
    do add comm luv sweetie:)
    good to see ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx Rashmi!
    I just created this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anu
    Very good site. I liked the way you have arranged it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this warm palette too & just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tanveer
    They have this sale in big bazar outlets where u buy one colorbar eyeshadow and u get 1 eyeshadow free!!!!! go check out....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey nice blog...n tempting offer...wud chck dem...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow anu
    but cud not see a close up
    i like colorbar too
    and have four of these but could not find the palettes anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the cool palette and two singles,Spicy Brown and Purple Passion.They are awesome!! Spicy Brown is THE prettiest color ever!!! I love it SO much!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete